While at a Goodwill, my girlfriend and I noticed a Roomba Discovery robot. I ended up getting it with all accessories for $30. We used it for awhile, but its battery didn't last too much and it ended up being more trouble than it was worth since it will fill up in one run and took awhile to clean out to keep it running well. I'm sure the newer models are a better.

So I decided to tear it apart to get parts I could use in other projects (I really wanted the drive motors for use in Lazlo v3.0). I took many photos of the tear down. I saved all the screws, springs, small metal parts, gears, and almost all the electronics and wiring. Most the plastic went to the trash.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License